Friday, November 25, 2011

Needs

Good news! The area is officially "ready" enough to send server-side for 1-5 people or so...

Bad news! While building the dungeon at the bottom of the barracks, I came accross a really big cave...

Really big.

Like I've been working on it for the past two hours and barely made a dent in it...

Frankly I decided to incorporate this giant-ass cave into the dungeon for prisoners, an attempt to escape if they can get past the monsters and trenches filling this cave... Kinda like the prison in the Shivering Isles.

In this needs vs. needs system, I've given the player a chest and furnace. The chest has 4 torches, 1 stick, 1 piece of coal, 1 uncooked pork chop, and 2 stone swords. The player falls a good distance when getting into the dungeon.

If faced with a challenge of luxury vs. needs, the player will always take needs, but in a game like minecraft, sources of light -are- a need. It forces the player to decide which is more important. Hunger/Health, or the illusion of safety in the dark dungeon?


EDIT: But until I get this dungeon finished, I don't want to send server-side.

No comments:

Post a Comment