Thursday, November 24, 2011

I Live In a Pirate Cave Now!


So I was in the middle of terraforming the upper right corner of the building area when I got an awesome idea to use cobblestone-why not build a swimming pool?

So I did, and then I got to thinking about Oblivion. In Oblivion there was a quest or two where you had to go through underwater caverns to get to a certain area. Typically they were very dangerous and full of mazes. They were also typically found in the old pirate movies where the guy would go underwater and come out on the other side with treasure.

100 trips to the ocean and a couple hours later, I have an underwater cavern that leads to a little cave I made. I got to thinking about it, and decided to make said underwater cave/emergency exit my secret resting place! It's semi-dark (I placed torches in a special manner to slightly illuminate it) and really hard to navigate, so if Notch ever makes underwater monsters... I'm screwed! (plus the water can be used in case of fires)

I also started on a small mini-platform halfway up the wall so that if something does manage to get in here, than there's a place to run to!

Right, back to strictly terraforming tommorrow, and placing in some extra beds in the storage area.

No comments:

Post a Comment